Some Articles on how to buy, hone, use, and maintain
Hollowground Straight Razors
Brought to you by
Crescent City Razors
- Buying a Straight Razor.
- Testing for Sharpness.
- The Newbie's Guide to Straight Shaving.
- The Method, putting it all together.
- Finishing or Refreshing an Edge with Lapping Film.
- Touching Up your Edge with a Synthetic Stone.
- How and Why To Lap Your Stones
- Edge Improvement and Maintenance with a Pasted Balsa Strop.
- Wedge blades. and how they are different.
- Setting The Bevel with the Burr Method.
- Setting The Bevel with the HYBRID Burr Method.
- Progressive Honing with Lapping Film.
- Edge Repair, when knowing how to set the bevel is not enough.
- Growley Tries a Jnat
- The Bevel Angle, and when to use tape.
- Basic Re-Scaling
- Some 3D Printed Scales
- Basic Gold Dollar Modding
- A Typical Modified Gold Dollar
- 3D printed scales on a Modified Gold Dollar
- Make a Blade for your old Wedge-Blade Lathercatcher, out of a Gold Dollar
My Youtube Videos(Miscellaneous stuff but some shaving and straight razor vids.)
- Badger and Blade, or B&B, is a very popular wet shaving forum with considerable activity in the straight razor subforums. I am known as Slash McCoy there.
- SharpRazorPalace, SRP for short, is another forum that is maybe a bit more straight razor oriented. My Nomme de Plume there is CrescentCityRazors.
- The Shave Den, or TSD, is another forum where I am active as Slash McCoy.
And now a word from our sponsor. Get your Shave Ready Gold Dollar Razor at:
This Site is Under Construction.
MORE TO COME!
Check back every few weeks for updates.